Or just fellow humans coming down from an Easter sugar high after biting the ears off of their chocolate bunnies? Bottom line, I don't care. I just wish people would be civil and reasonably helpful.
I got up this morning with the single-minded purpose of making Micah's CT scan appointment. I have a referral for the test, referrals for up to three follow-up appointments with the ENT who ordered the test and a prescription from the ENT for the CT, as well as the phone numbers for the facility where he wants the test done. Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. Or not.
Getting the appointment was a two step process because the first schedule I spoke with hung up on me when I went to pull the referral out of my briefcase. Second phone call, after going through everything in terms of Micah's information, the ordering physician, Steve's information (since the insurance comes through his employer), etc. we land an appointment for 10:40 am Wednesday. Fine. Time to program the GPS and figure out how long it's going to take to get there.
Until ten minutes later my cell phone rings (why not call the home phone first, idiot?) and it's the appointment scheduling equivalent of Rosie Perez on crystal meth with the phone manners of a pit bull whose chew toy was taken away. Who tells me that Hackensack Radiology Group has contacted ENT and Allergy Associates and the person spoken with (Simone, see previous post re: dealing with the ENT's office) said that Micah had not been seen in a year and the office was not authorizing the test.
Note to Self: always remember to take blood pressure medicine before engaging with doctors' offices' appointment schedulers, particularly those with fresh lobotomy scars.
This put me in "Don't Screw with Me, Wenches!" overdrive.
Before the gasket blew, I told Rose Perez on crystal meth that I had a signed prescription dated April 3, 2009 from the aforementioned physician for the test as well as an email from the physician stating that no appointment was needed prior to having the test done. Unmoved, she got snippy with me and miraculously my phone saved me by sponetaneously snapping shut and thus hanging up on her.
Then I sent an email to the ENT, who I pester way too often but usually for good reason.
In the time it took me to bang out four over-easy eggs and a pot of oatmeal, he got back to me. And according to the doctor, Simone was tasked with fixing it.
I still called the radiology facility to make sure the appointment was not cancelled. And surprisingly whoever answered that call was amazingly nice.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Stupid Rude People?
Posted by LMG at Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment