Today was a grungy, rainy day, made for staying inside. Unless there is no more milk in the refrigerator, the last of the broccoli was used up for last night's dinner and the mailman did not deliver a clue as to what to make for dinner with the afternoon's mail.
So the kids and I went off to ShopRite in Lawrenceville. This particular grocery store has a place where parents can drop off their children for a maximum of 90 minutes to shop in peace.
I've never been one to even consider this. Thea is usually my helper and would probably prefer staying with me. Micah is constantly on the hunt for new stuffed animals, so the idea that he is going to be exiled to Scrunchy's Playroom has been taking root in my mind. And today was the day - and fortunately Thea was willing to go with him.
Because it's a holiday weekend, the playroom was closing at 4:30 pm, but that still gave me 35 minutes after filling in the paperwork and all of us getting banded like migratory birds. My two were the only ones there, and they were happily watching 'Snow Dogs' when I came back to retrieve them.
And I managed to finish the shopping list in 25 minutes without the human baggage trailing along behind, next to or hanging off of me.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Crossing Over to the Dark Side 2
Posted by LMG at Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment