Friday, April 3, 2009

600 Hits in Six Months, Etc.

I've said I love the little counter widget that keeps track of visits to the blog. Yesterday six months and one day after I installed it, the number hit 600. Which is relatively tiny compared to some of the blogs I read, but most of what I write is very snore-worthy and intended for a niche market of family and close friends - my guess is that at least half, maybe more, of the visits are my husband, which seems to save him the time of actually engaging in conversation though what he does with that saved time remains a mystery to me.

I love the ten little foreign flags on the Feedjit map, too. Canada, France, Portugal, Greece, Qatar, Kazakhstan, India, Viet Nam, China, Philippines. Still hoping for that hit from Germany or Spain, but I will be patient.

Yesterday was also my mother's birthday. Forgot to send a card, but I did mail her one of the invitations to the party which arrived yesterday, so I'm not completely horrible.

The hideous behemoth (aka the minivan) arrived Wednesday night while I was at the PTA meeting for Thea's school. Oh joy. I have no intention of driving it until the first weekend in May when we go to Oma's; my mother is thrilled that she can bring a friend along to the NLH Spring Festival.

0 comments: