Thea and I baked four dozen cupcakes this afternoon, after making the two trips to the bank and going grocery shopping. Half vanilla, half chocolate.
Fortunately, Micah slept through part of it and then Steve took him to the neighborhood Harvest Fest, which just across the street from us. I wasn't interested this year: too much to do, and I found out that our neighborhood association voted not to let the township school buses drive on the association's streets, thus explaining why I see the children waiting out on the road that runs through the development. A road that most people routinely exceed the posted 35 mph speed limit. Insert language not suitable for children if you really want to know what I think of those people. I actually like the sound of the school bus coming through our street, it gave me a sense of what time of day it was without having to look at the clock.
Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, Thea helped me make hamburgers for dinner and also helped cut green beans. We were frosting the cupcakes until 8:30, which was the time for Thea to go upstairs for a quick bath. Other than icing (white or vanilla, what the difference is is mostly in color, Thea says they taste about the same) the cupcakes are not yet decorated. Sprinkles to be applied tomorrow.
The party favors are semi-packed up, the cupcakes need to have the sprinkles put on and I need to find the "5" candle that Oma bought for her. A nice tradition that my mother has been doing since her second birthday. A nice tradition, if I find that candle.
Tomorrow, Micah has his session with Ela from 10 am until noon, then we have to transport all the stuff to Thea's school, where I am sure the teachers will be cursing me in Mandarin for giving 20 children a nice sugar buzz.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Same day, 48 cupcakes later. . . .
Posted by LMG at Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment