Because I managed to find and install a counter on the blog, so now I will be able to tell if I'm just in this for my own amusement. (Reminder to self: Insert audio of sound of my own hand patting myself on the back.)
Today was our (Micah's and my) usual Wednesday: drop Thea off at YingHua and zip up to Summit School (with the minor pit stop at D-n-D for the large coffee), then homewards. Lately Micah sacks out in the car on the way home even before we get to the on-ramp for I-78, but today he kept me company until just below Bridgwater Commons Mall. He's now wakes even before transferring, so there's no hope of extending the nap beyond the actual time in the car. Therefore a trip to the Village Farm in Lawrenceville would extend his nap a little bit beyond the 45 minutes - but the little twerp woke up as we were getting off of Route 206 to take the back roads to Lawrenceville.
In addition to the tomatoes I was hoping for, I picked out a gigantic pot of mums and Micah chose a pumpkin, so decorating for fall has begun. Since we also killed off 30 minutes playing at the train table in the school's lobby, it was nearly time for the speech therapist to come. (She rescheduled her usual Friday morning.) Today we worked on saying mitt and meow-meow: mitt was just a new word and part of the cutting with scissors activity she brought, meow is to try and reform Micah's use of niao-niao for cat. And much to my surprise the BMW-driving therapist is a Phillies fan and listens to baseball on the radio whilst tooling around to her appointments. Not quite what I imagined. Of course listening to any sport on the radio is just below submitting myself for a pre-frontal lobotomy on the list of things I would even remotely enjoy doing.
Today at Thea's school, she started telling me The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in Mandarin - but she sort of lost the thread because her pal, Kalani, came over and was listening. The surprising thing was if I truly listened, I could pick out the numbers and some of the fruits. Thanks to the Learn with Jade DVDs. She promised to do it tonight, using her English copy of the book to help her remember how many of each fruit. This impressed her friend Lucas's mother; he's another kid in school whose parents are English-speaking so zero reinforcement of the Chinese-immersion on the homefront - one more reason I love Lucas.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I'm smarter than I look....maybe
Posted by LMG at Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Hi LMG,
I love checking in on the blog to see how you and the family are doing, especially since we don't get to see you, except once in a blue moon. So you are definitely not writing just for yourself! You even inspired me to start a blog for my Peanut so our family and friends can watch her grow and change. And I look at it this way, even if no one else reads it, I have a built-in memory book for her.
- "The Other LMG"
Post a Comment