Because that's about the only type of cocktail I'd like to share with a good number of our neighbors. This morning there was a community meeting at the local library to re-open discussion of our homeowners' association's (rather selfish and boneheaded) decision to ban the township school buses from the association's roads, so that parents and children now must walk out to a very heavily traveled upon, much speeded upon road to wait for the buses.
It was NOT a good morning to forget to take my blood pressure medication, that's for damn sure.
There are a lot of evil, child-hating people in our neighborhood, and particularly those that want to ban the buses because of the diesel fumes wafting into their houses just floor me. May we also ban the garbage trucks? The recycling trucks? The USPS trucks? FedEx and UPS? Oh just stuff your spurious arguments right back into the most convenient useless orifice, which may not be your mouth.
I particualarly dislke one member of the board, not just for his ressemblence to a shrivveled up little evil gnome, but because back in the days when Thea was a toddler, he approached me in the neighborhood park and asked if I was interested in being on whatever subgroup of the association that is concerned with the parks (pass, I avoid meetings at all costs), and as we were talking he asked my child's name, so I told him. And this little prune of a gas-bag says "Oh there's another little girl in the neighborhood with the same name. . ." Do you think that with the same name, and a relatively uncommon one at that, it JUST MIGHT BE the same child? Anyway, nothing ever came of his question, I did give him my phone number and said that the person heading that committee could call me (I wanted to voice my opinion on the crappy chopped up tire stuff that was put down in place of wood chips at the playground before telling him or her I'd rather have my eyelids pulled over my head until they touched my butt before getting involved in committee work.) I think once the evil gnome realized who my husband is he wasn't as interested in my participation.
Evil gnome and husband have locked horns in the past, and even though it was long before my time, I fully support my spouse in his dislike of this total waste of protoplasm who used his position on the board to circulate a flyer stating that allowing the buses to return may result in an increased assessment for keeping the roads clear for snowfall under two inches (over two inches, the association contracts for plowing). Impeach him, I say, but there may be worse out there from what I saw at this meeting.
Anyway, the homeowners vote was 36 for reopening the roads, 52 against - though in my opinion the proxy votes against are tainted because of that flyer mentioned above. And husband cringes when I call our townhouse community the Nazi-hood, but today it was living up to that monniker.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
How to Make a Molotov Cocktail? Anyone?
Posted by LMG at Saturday, October 25, 2008
Labels: Rants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment