This was my first birthday on a school day; last year her birthday conveniently fell on a Saturday. Thanks to Leap Year, we missed having a second weekend birthday.
Monday mornings are Ela, so after dropping Thea off at school Micah and I made a quick run to McCaffrey's for CakeMate icing. Damn cupcake icing, I forgot to put sprinkles on while they could adhere, so Plan B involved writing HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEA on them. Except that I had nothing to do that with, so time to do a drive by to the closest grocery store.
So while Ela was talking with Micah and playing with the farmer, animals and tractor, I was finding that my ultra-neat printing does not translate well when I am writing with frosting.
The best news of the day is the Ela is going to come with me to the initial meeting with the school district about Micah's transition to pre-school. Ela rocks, she truly does. It will be great having a teacher of the deaf give her perspective as to Micah's needs in a classroom. And this is the only meeting I can invite someone to attend with me, not that the school district told me that. They seem to want me alone and as unprepared as they can get me.
After waving good-bye to Ela, Micah and I loaded up the cupcakes, did a quick diaper change (made quick because I found once of the purple kitty diapers so there was no arguments; we are now fussy as to which Blues Clues character is gracing our privates), and zipped off to school. Steve, Micah and I got there as the kids were eating lunch and after everyone was finished, Thea got serenaded with Happy Birthday, first round in English, second in Chinese. Then we had cupcakes and juice pouches before they went to recess. The party bags waited until the end of the day. All in all, an easy birthday.
Tonight Thea picked roast chicken for her dinner, so she kept me company while I was finishing dinner. Oma called to wish her a happy birthday, and when they were done talking I heard Thea say to her, "Would you like to talk to your DAUGH-ter?" Five is a riot, so far.
Monday, October 13, 2008
My Baby is 5
Posted by LMG at Monday, October 13, 2008
Labels: Birthdays, Thea, Transition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment