Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fingers-crossed. . .

. . .or whatever offering of positive thoughts you would like to send my way tomorrow. It's the day Micah and I meet with the local elementary school's Child Study Team to begin the transition from Early Intervention into an IEP, if he's deemed eligible. I just hope I can be as eloquent as possible about his hearing to begin convincing them that the local preschool/disabled program is not the right fit and that the district should cough up the $55K to send him to Summit. And if that fails, say an incantation that I don't beat them smartly about the head and shoulders with the two-inch thick binder I have of Micah's reports, audiograms, hearing aid information, atresia/microtia information. I am going for that illusion that I am very well-prepared, and thankfully I'll be coming from work so I won't have on the usual schlubby-mommy clothes that I'm usually in on Wednesdays.

I am hoping that Micah will be sufficiently comatose from a shorter nap than usual so that he won't be displaying his 27+ month language ability. Tonight in the car he said "I think the horsies are sleeping. . ." If he pops a series of that sort of sentences out, we're screwed.

2 pm Wednesday. Don't be late for holding a good thought for the two for us.

0 comments: