Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tick-Tock, Bring My Baby Back

One of the nurse called to the OR, and the estimate is that Micah will come out of surgery at 11:45 or so, right according to schedule. The time has flown by, mostly because I don't have the ability to concentrate on one thing for too long, so I've been bopping around on the computer, reading Pat Conroy's "South of Broad", drinking the unrefrigerated Coke I had in my purse, eating a banana-nut muffin the nurse offered (what do hospital's do about people with nut allergies? I was sort of shocked that there would be an Otis Spunkmyer banana nut muffin anywhere in a place like this.)

It's a quiet day around here, I asked the nurse and she said they usually have 30+ patients scheduled per day, but today there are only 16.

I'm glad I didn't save the NY Times crossword as I had originally wanted to do, I would have failed miserably at getting it done. The homefront had better plan on getting take-out for dinner tonight, I'm not going to be in any mood or any energy level to make dinner.

0 comments: