Thursday, August 6, 2009

Go Away Week, I'm Done With You

If yesterday felt like Thursday, then today should have been Friday. I just want this week over and done with. And despite having a half day tomorrow, at 5 pm or so I will be on call through Monday at 8 am, and I have to work Saturday. Not fun. It's supposed to rain on Saturday, so everyone will be home contemplating their aches and pains rather than heading for the Shore.

Today I found out that one of Thea's best pals at school will be moving to Chicago in two weeks or so. Nuts. They're so cute together, they love Pokemon cards, knights (and running around with swords and shields), and just play so nicely together.

Micah is talking, talking, and cracking people up - today he came to the office andwhen I found him, he said "Hello, Daddy" knowing full well that he was being funny. Two days ago, he was sitting at my desk, drawing a picture and when Sarah asked him what he was drawing, he replied "Kitties." Except that he put a "T" at the front of the word and dropped the "K". So Sarah said, something to the effect of, "Oh, you're drawing a CAT." And he corrected her by saying, "No, I am NOT drawing a CAT, I am drawing KITTIES." Except with the T for K substitution, again. And more loudly than the first time, because she clearly didn't understand him, in his mind. He might have perfect diction by the time he reaches kindergarten or first grade, but he's not going to be living that one down for awhile.

0 comments: