Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thea's Career Planning

While we were at Borders today, Thea was excited to find a knight story complete with a small action figure. "I want to be a knight when I grow up," she said.

I tried to explain that employment opportunities may be somewhat limited in an age without dragons to slay (though I'd be willing to let her substitute Rush Limbaugh, he's scary and scaly enough) or damsels in distress to rescue.

Her reply to this was, "Well, then I'll be a garbage collector."

Okay. Dream big, little darling.

Why a garbage collector? Not exactly a career path that comes up on the standard astronaut, ballerina, doctor, police officer, fireman early childhood career aspirations spectrum.

"Because they drive around in cool trucks."

Of course. The Waste Management truck that comes through our neighborhood is right up there with a Porsche or a Ferrari in my book, too. Not.

0 comments: