Saturday, March 7, 2009

End of Week Wrap-Up

Micah made it to school via the Montgomery Township van for the second day. Today his driver was Toni, who came with Bob yesterday morning. She had another aide with her in the morning, but brought him home solo today. This morning as we were strapping him into the car seat she asked if she could give him a little school bus, so he's managed to charm another one of the transportation staff - who was also willing to spend an hour singing 'Old MacDonald Had a Farm', 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'The Wheels on the Bus' with him.

He came home from school with a library book, Maisy Goes to Bed, so we need to improve his taste in children's books. Maisy makes those Biscuit books he's so into look good by comparison.

I'm on call and working this weekend. Ick. The first 90 minutes were a non-stop stream of calls, mostly all busy work: an electronic prescription that had been sent from the office at 4:10 pm that had still not arrived at the pharmacy at 6:00 pm, a cough, one of those "I am starting with flu symptoms and need an antibiotic" calls that make me wish that insurance plans' patient newsletters and the media made more of an effort to inform people again and again and again that influenza is VIRAL and antibiotics are for BACTERIAL infections, so are therefore ineffective.

Then the stream of calls dried up and I was able to make dinner, get Thea showered and read a story to Micah before putting him to bed. Unfortunately I was woken up at 10 pm by a call from the answering service, while annoying, it got me up and back on the computer to finish chart notes. And the really wonderful thing about this is that I am sitting in the big chair with the ottoman in the living room, working on my laptop from work. The wireless internet router Steve installed works. This beats the socks off of sitting in the kitchen at the PC with its cold floor, no TV. I could get used to this.

2 comments:

LifeWith3 said...

Shame on Steve for not getting you wireless earlier!!!! Its a beautiful thing. I've got 2 of the kids napping, 1 playing on the computer, and I'm sitting on the back porch working (OK, well working a bit and playing a bit :-)).

Enjoy!!

~ Amy K.

"I'm a Mommy!?!" said...

Oh! The joys of the wireless router and a laptop! I love to "work" on the back deck on a warm afternoon.