Saturday, July 21, 2007

Micah surveys his empire. . .

We're still sleeping in three to four hour shifts and are out of synch with time. Steve took over at around 3:00 am and was up with Thea and Micah, then I got up at 6:30 am and we fed Micah. Until our trip to ShopRite, the cuisine is rice cereal and prunes - but he's loving it so far. I need to get formula because what I do have on hand, Micah does not like one bit.

After getting online to make sure the grocery store is open, Micah and I set off for ShopRite - the one with the Dunkin Donuts because Mom wanted coffee after two weeks of tea. Micah had his first ride in Mom's car and in a shopping cart. That early in the morning, the store is being restocked, so we were navigating amidst boxes and stock clerks.

Then we took a ride down 295 to see my office and those lucky few working on a Saturday morning. It gave Micah a chance to meet a few new people, and he was a little more clingy than he usually is. In China, he'd go to practically anyone - and he's definitely a Daddy's boy, so it was nice to have him hang onto me a little bit. He did well though and even though he wouldn't go to Maryann and Earla, he was willing to share his Cheerios with them and with Monique. It was so good to see them. We also stopped at the vegetable stand for tomatoes - a Jersey tomato is pure summer to me.

My little man fell asleep on the ride home, so we didn't stop at our neighborhood CVS to see if it still has the little squishy Fisher-Price fire truck he loved in China - of all the things we could misplace or lose on the trip, we're missing three stacking cups and that fire truck. He and Steve were back upstairs having a nap, Thea had her first breakfast which I hope will start getting her back into real time. I need a nap, but Thea wants company, so I'll fold laundry instead.

Off to the beach tomorrow, packing later tonight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are all home safe and sound! Micah looks very happy as does Thea. I am glad the flight home was easy for you. Call me when you want to get together some time...and play time for the kids. Jack's surgery is on 8/7 so a weeeee bit after that maybe ;). Have fun at the shore....we shall be going down also next weekend to have fun time before surgery time.