Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July


Thea and Steve at the Blueberry Bash, June 2007
A Study in Red, White and Blue


So far it's been a slow day. Thea and Steve have taken off to go see Grandma (Steve's mother) and have lunch with her, my mom (or Oma, if you are Thea) has called to check in on her latest shipment of clothing for Micah and chat about plans for the upcoming beach week, and I've sent out for an order of steaming hot motivation, but the delivery person is incredibly s-l-o-w.

When we return from China, we'll be back home for a night or two and then taking off for Bethany Beach, Delaware where Thea, Oma, my sister-in-law (Aunt Shannon, if you are Thea) spent a wonderful week in 2005. So Micah will be on the move again, but I hope a week playing in the sand with his cousin Willi will be a good trade off for not being home and working on getting into a routine. If I had to pick a place to get over jet lag, the beach wins over New Jersey, no contest. It's probably going against much of what parenting handbooks tell their readers to do, but flying in the face of what the conventional wisdom tells us to do seems to have worked out OK with Thea.

Now I've got to get organized and get some more packing done before the troops return and havoc one again reigns.

0 comments: