. . . was one of the phrases I hated most while I was living in Washington, DC, in a house with ceiling fans and no air-conditioning. Hot is hot is hot, in my opinion, end of story. I just checked http://www.weather.com/ for Wuhan. 88 degrees, with a notation "Feels like 104." Oh, the horror. Steve thinks I married him for his good looks and wonderful personality; it was probably for the central air-conditioning.
My sweat glands are quaking in fear, and I think my hair is starting to frizz. Time to back away from the Web, and just finish packing.
Today Thea said good-bye to the teachers at YingHua Preschool and went with me on a quick errand to my workplace, where April, wonderful person that she is, gave Thea a Hepatitis A shot. It makes Thea angry when something she says makes me burst out laughing, but while April and I were talking, and Thea politely interrupted us with, "Excuse me, exCUUUse me Mommy, I don't want a shot" in the most perfectly calm and rationale voice. Calm and rationale left the room when Thea realized that it was going to happen no matter how polite she was. (Mommy did not have the mental fortitude, stones or spine to do the deed herself, and Thea did not buy into my giving Steve his Hepatitis B on Sunday while she held his hand and then Steve holding her hand while I gave her the shot. Mommy will not have the MF/S/S to do the second injection in six months so April had better be ready once again.)
Thursday, July 5, 2007
It's not the heat, it's the humidity. . . .
Posted by LMG at Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment