Sunday the wee beasties and I drove to Easton, PA to visit the Crayola Factory and National Canal Museum again. The day started grey and rainy, so it was a good day to get out of the house and avoid all the tidying up it so desperately needs. The kids had a great time with the various art projects - the model magic clay was probably the biggest hit this time. I liked the triarama (a triangular diarama).
Micah got his sleeves thoroughly soaked pushing his canal boat through the locks at the Canal Museum. The upper floor was closed off so the display where the flow of water can be manipulated by putting up various walls and dividers wasn't accessible, which was a bit disappointment.
Overall they were really good, with Micah only pitching a fit once when I wouldn't buy him this hideous stuffed cow. He had to be hauled out screaming, "Want cow, I want cow!" I wasn't going to buy it mostly because the evil clerk said she was closing the shop and it was only 4:50 pm (closing time was listed as 5 pm). We went to the Crayola Store to see the world's largest crayon, blue - Thea's favorite color and with a 'birthday' two days before hers, October 11, 2003.
Monday night I called our case manager at the school district with the "I know the transportation office has done this plenty of times, but this is my first and only preschooler who is supposed to be going to school on Monday and I haven't heard anything about how this will happen" routine. Got the polite phone call back, someone will call on Thursday or Friday, but she did leave the name of the person to contact, so she will be getting the same version of Monday night's phone call. I don't mean to be a jerk, but until proven otherwise and worthy of my respect, I am not giving my trust to these wienies on spec.
Two has been relatively easy, but the early stages of three are going to prove life-threatening for one of us. Micah's become much more stubborn, willful and naughtier - he hears better than ever but isn't doing a great job listening.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The last week of almost three. . .
Posted by LMG at Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Labels: Birthdays, Micah, Thea, Transition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment