In all the hubbub over the BAHA incident, I didn't mention that we went to the Lunar New Year show/dinner put on by Thea's school. That was going to be the big post for the weekend until it was eclipsed by the brush with disaster. She did perform, and the full-length show featured a 'green' (recycled) fashion show put on by the kindergartners. It was really cute and the teacher put a lot of effort into teaching runway walking and vogue-ing poses. I'll try to put a video clip up later. Getting out of the auditorium and backstage to help her change from her Chinese costume and into her fashion show outfit was a challenge. Fortunately when it was time to change her back, the school maintenance man was in the hall and he had a key to the backstage door. Micah and Steve brought a rose to give her after the show and she was properly excited and asked it it was a real flower.
Micah enjoyed the show, too - and even managed to clap at the appropriate moments with no prompting from us.
After the show there was a dinner and in the cafeteria area there were several artists/vendors. Micah got a puppy dog hat cut from a white paper plate - to watch the artist do it was amazing, it took him seconds and as his scissors flew he did not lop off his own finger tips while quickly moving the paper. He also did a cameo of me - and in my mind I hope that's what I look like when I'm sixty, otherwise he sees me as a lumpy, dumpy old lady. Not flattering, stick to the paper cuts of animals.
Thea and I made little knotted dolls; I love the more complicated Chinese knots. Since we have a few as ornaments for our Christmas tree, I bought a goldfish knot to add to the collection.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
The Forgotten Lunar New Year Post
Posted by LMG at Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Labels: Lunar New Year, Thea, YingHua
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment