Monday, December 1, 2008

All Is Well in the Universe

On the day after Thanksgiving, every year for probably more than 20 years, the Christmas card and letter from a friend of mine from college arrives. Without fail. Year in, year out, through address changes and any other ups and downs and despite not seeing each other for all those years, the card arrives and for me the Christmas season is official.

Until Friday. No card. Black Friday indeed.

And Saturday. Still no card.

Disturbing and worrisome.

The mail arrived today, and so did the card. Order is restored.

And this evening I got a chance to meet up with two former colleagues at Tokyo Bleu in Cinnaminson for a night out, though I am a sushi wimp and don't much care for the raw stuff. I haven't seen them since summertime, so there was much to catch up on - we're great at promising to get together regularly and then real life manages to intervene and another six months goes by.

0 comments: