Garett: I don't know what's her name. Do you know?
Angelina: Kathy.
Maria: Camilia
Tom: Ima
Micah: Her last name is G****. Her first name is L****.
Ashley: Donna
Nicole: My mommy's name is Tammy.
Olyvia: Jodi
Quintin: My mommy's name is Mommy. I just call her Mommy.
How old is she?
Garett: She did ask me how old she was. 100? 20?
Angelina: 25
Maria: I don't know. 17.
Tom: 18
Micah: 17.
Ashley: I don't know. 25.
Nicole: 18
Olyvia: My mom is 8. Mommy is like the same age as Nicki.
Quintin: 27
What is her favorite color?
Garett: Umm, purple and pink
Angelina: My mom's favorite color is pink.
Maria: All of them
Tom: Red
Micah: Purple like me. I love purple too.
Ashley: Purple and pink.
Nicole: Green
Olyvia: Blue
Quintin: White
When is her birthday?
Garett: I don't know but it's May
Angelina: My mom's birthday is February 20. I know that because her birthday passed. We gave her perfume.
Maria: In March 17.
Tom: In the cold winter. 26.
Micah: In April 18.
Ashley: Chuck E. Cheese. I don't know.
Nicole: In April 26.
Olyvia: April. My mom's birthday was past.
Quintin: September.
What is your favorite thing to do with her?
Garett: Go to the zoo with my mom.
Angelina: Give hugs and kisses.
Maria: Play matching game.
Tom: Drink coffee with her.
Micah: I like to play with her.
Ashley: Play with the kitchen.
Nicole: Play house.
Olyvia: Go to Chuck E. Cheese and play lots a game.
Quintin: Nothing. I like to paint with Mommy.
What is your favorite dinner that Mommy makes?
Garett: Spaghetti.
Angelina: Stuffing. I love stuffing. It's good.
Maria: Spaghetti.
Tom: Spaghetti and meatin. It's a different kind of food. It chicken and it look different.
Micah: Rice and cous-cous.
Ashley: Macaroni and cheese. My mommy makes eggs.
Nicole: Rice and chicken.
Olyvia: Fried chicken.
Quintin: Chili.
What color is your Mommy's hair?
Garett: Brown. Light brown.
Angelina: Dark brown. I see it every day because here hair is so long.
Maria: Brown.
Tom: Yellow.
Micah: Black. It's a little bit brown and a little bit black.
Ashley: Brown.
Nicole: Brown.
Olyvia: Brown and a little white.
Quintin: Brown.
What color are her eyes?
Garett: Green, and me and my brother and my daddy are blue.
Angelina: Brown.
Maria: Yellow.
Tom: Blue. I like yours.
Micah: Black.
Ashley: Brown.
Nicole: Green.
Olyvia: Blue
Quintin: Brown
What is her favorite thing to do?
Garett: She likes to clean dirty things off our clothes.
Angelina: Watch TV and just cook too and watch the baby.
Maria: My mom favorite thing to do is play.
Tom: She play with me.
Micah: To work, And sleep.
Ashley: She like to play in the kitchen. I say "Mommy, come here." And she say, " No, I'm eat dinner first."
Nicole: She likes to pick flowers and she likes to pick strawberries.
Olyvia: She likes to go to the paint room and get a tattoo.
Quintin: Eat lunch and then she work on her computer and then she ate snack and then she ate dinner and then she drink water and then that's it.
What does she do while you are at school/when she's at work?
Garett: She doesn't go to work. She stays home and watch the dog and make sure she doesn't pee or poop in the house.
Angelina: She gets money by work. She have to wait for a check. When she has a check we will move.
Maria: She went at work She need to buy the money.
Tom: She waiting at home for a while.
Micah: Mommy works. She just is working. She plays on her computer. She locks the door 'cause no one can come in.
Ashley: Mommy work at home. She call the phone with Daddy and she write.
Nicole: She does sign language in the night. She was eating dinner.
Olyvia: Make dinner and hot chocolate. She makes good hot chocolate. It's yummy.
Quintin: Mommy go to work. She eating at work.
Does your Mommy have any brothers or sisters?
Garett: She has only sisters.
Angelina: Aunt Shannon is her sister. Aunt Sherry. Her brother is Uncle Sean and Uncle Frannie - two brothers and two sister.
Maria: No.
Tom: Mommy have a brother. Daniel.
Micah: No, she used to have them.
Ashley: Yes, two. One brother and one sister. Lexi and Matty.
Nicole: Yes, many people.
Olyvia: My mom has lots of sister.
Quintin: Mommy don't have brother or sister. Her daughter name is Nneka and I'm my mom's son.
Does Mommy have friends? What does she do with them?
Garett: Yeah, only one, but I don't know her name. She slept at her friend's house but I don't know where she was.
Angelina: Yes, she talk to them.
Maria: Yes. She talk.
Tom: Yup. Friend name is Ben.
Micah: Nope. Only me and Thea.
Ashley: Yes. She talkin and she drinkin.
Nicole: Yes. She talk on the phone.
Olyvia: Yeah. My Mom drink and eat at the same time and talk with her friends.
Quintin: No, no friends. My dad has friends.
Why do you love your Mommy?
Garett: Because she take me everywhere. I love her. Turtleback Zoo, buy things.
Angelina: Because my mom take me to Toys-R-Us.
Maria: Because she pick me up and went to the park with me.
Tom: Because she make food.
Micah: Cause I don't know. She's soft.
Ashley: Because I like Mommy stay in the school.
Nicole: Because she wants a kiss.
Olyvia: 'Cause she bring me to the store.
Quintin: Because I gonna kiss her cheek.
OK - he knows my full name, he's forgotten my birthday (around the time of his birthday he would have me run through the calendar of everyone's birthday (those that I could remember)), and he knows not to follow me into the exam rooms at work, though he thinks I'm playing on my computer in there since I carry a laptop instead of a paper medical chart, and he's clueless that the person he refers to as Uncle Karl is my brother. Not quite Phi Beta Kappa quite yet, but the boy shows promise.
I can't wait to see how the Fathers' Day version of this turns out. Stay tuned.
Photos by Tesh Kouretas, 2010.
HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!









0 comments:
Post a Comment