Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strangers in the House

I am fed up with and tired of real estate tourists, real estate agents and home inspectors who move curtains and our belongings around and DO NOT PUT THEM BACK in their original places.  It's bad enough knowing that total strangers are waltzing through the house, peering at the trappings of our lives, but when they leave the evidence of their presence, it is offensive.

Having gone through about a dozen or so homes during our search, I know that I did not touch or move anything while touring any of those homes.  Even Micah and Thea kept their hands to themselves during the two or three houses they went through with us - we watched Micah like a hawk.

Coming home and having to put curtains back in place, put other things back where they belong is a waste of my time.

Today we had the home inspection for the current house.  Mr. Home Inspector, a.k.a. the next person I am wishing shrinkage of the family jewels and a prostate the size of a cantaloupe, moved things around in the purple bathroom, leaving them where he tossed them and moved things in the attic all around.  Did none of these people learn the principles of clean up as you go or put things back where you found them?  Honestly, what is wrong with the world?

I'm also annoyed that the pair who showed up for the home inspection accosted the babysitter with a "You the homeowner?"  (Not even proper English, but I digress.) When Tesh said, no she was just the sitter who was there to pick up Micah from the school bus, they made some sort of annoying comment implying disbelief.  Again, what the heck is wrong with people? 

I am done with this whole process and now realize I am much better suited to renting.

0 comments: