Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Follow-Up

Micah is eight days out from surgery, and today was his follow up appointment with Dr. Choe.  Fortunately the surgical coordinator made the appointments for us weeks ago, so we were ahead of the curve.

The fluid behind his right tympanic membrane is gone; thank you Children's Sudafed.  And there was no debris in the canal.  He's still wearing his left BAHA.

All is well with the new ear and we're now back to instilling five drops twice a day onto the sponges/into the canal.  Minor drama getting the prescription filled, with no help and misinformation from our local CVS: "It's nowhere in the CVS system."  I picked it up at the CVS on Nassau Street at 7:30 pm, so the pharmacist who made that statement is not going to be appearing on my Christmas card list any time soon.

Meanwhile, laptops are giving major grief.  The Windows XP Security malware made an appearance on my work laptop, locking me out of Internet Explorer and creating pop-ups that got in the way of Intergy.  My annoyance grew to major proportions around midnight, and after finishing my chart notes I made a trip to the office at 1 am to drop it off, and I picked up my personal laptop, which is having power cord issues but those are easier to manage, for now.

So between the computer problems and the pharmacy idiocy, I have been a crab today.

Next follow-up with Dr. Choe in one week, on April 7.

0 comments: