Today the number on my blog's hit counter went up astronomically, at least for this particular blog in a single day. A jump of two dozen may not raise anyone else's eyebrows, but it's an event in this small niche in the blog-o-sphere. So I went to look at the page that tracks the visitor information, and most of them had a questdiagnostics.com web address. How very Big Brother Is Watching: Quest must have a web crawler that hunts down references to itself and it doesn't just come looking one time, it returns again and again and again. . .
So while I was temporarily excited a cracking 1,900 hits (proof I'm working too much or need some other form of diversion if something as trivial as that gives me any sort of a thrill), when the reason was known it creeped me out. Go away, Quest Peeping Toms, you've aggravated me enough for the past 24 hours! The title for the previous post was changed.
And BTW, Micah's blood work was fine, and I managed to find time at the end of the day to fax it to Pre-Admission Testing at Englewood Hospital and put a hard copy in the mail as well.
Two weeks from today at about this time we'll be home and Micah will be at home almost back to his usual full of energy self - with another gauze turban around his little head. Another to-do list item, buy Conform gauze for when (not if) he pulls the bandage around his head off and extra Tegaderm for his skin graft site so I'm not making a spur of the moment run to CVS.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Creepy Crawler, Part I
Posted by LMG at Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment