Monday, April 14, 2008

R.I.P. FiFi

Our 7+ year old guinea pig FiFi died right before the kids and I left for my mother's at the end of March. Since Steve was going to clean up and get rid of the cage while we were away, Thea and I had a little talk about death while driving down the NJ Turnpike. (Steve was in favor of telling her that FiFi had gone back to be with her family, a la our neighbors who used that stories while flushing their dead goldfish down the toilet. Why would the goldfish's family live somewhere downstream of where the poop and pee goes? It just didn't seem right.) Anyway, we survived. Thea doesn't want to be buried in the ground (where she thinks FiFi is, out in the backyard with Marco Polo and Mrs. Whaley, but I think Daddy took a few short cuts.)

Anyway, to FiFi, who despite her semi-snotty attitude in her younger days, was a fairly good rodent. May her next incarnation bring her further along in the food chain.

I'm having trouble transferring photos. I spent 45 minutes in a chat mode with some geek at Kodak who was utterly useless, I definitely was interrupting him from cruising on-line porn or clipping his toenails. I'm going to try getting new cables for the camera and see where that gets me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.