I've been a little bit slack on writing about Micah and his hearing, mostly because not much has been going on. His next appointment with his ENT surgeon is April 15, and he'll also be seeing the audiologist as well. He's wearing one BAHA to school, and a lot of the time when he's home he isn't using it.
Yesterday at the Lunar New Year party, our friend Amy went with Micah downstairs to the basement playroom. Amy is Lucas's mom, the one other boy in the flock of girls. I was still making trips out to the car to bring things in, and I'm hobbling thanks to smashing my right fourth toe into the rolling duffel bag while unloading the car Wednesday night at my mother's.
Amy told me that one of the girls asked what was the thing on his headband (his BAHA). He answered her that when he was born, his ears "weren't wide enough" so he went to the hospital and had surgeries so that he could hear better, but "sometimes I still say 'What?' a lot so I wear this to help me hear."
I am so proud of him, I could not have explained it that well if I were four years old.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Micah's Hearing, in his own words
Posted by LMG at Sunday, February 20, 2011
Labels: Atresia, BAHAs, Lunar New Year, Micah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment