I wish I had pictures or video of tonight, but it actually was sort of nice just to be in the moment. Micah and I were the advance troops heading to the beach house to get set up for everyone. Thanks to horrible traffic, we made it to the real estate office at 4:50 pm (it closes at 5 pm) to pick up the keys.
We just had gotten the car unloaded when Shannon and Willi came over. Willi is about three months older and several inches taller than Micah, but four years old is four year old, and boys are boys. They were in competition over toys, racing through the house, playing outside and actually helped me make up a couple of the beds - and then they rolled and bounced all over it. Fortunately the boys seemed to enjoy each others company and I actually got to enjoy being around another grown-up after four or more hours of "Are we there yet?" from my traveling companion. (Note to self: Next time put the Thule on the CRV, it holds up to 35 lbs - I think he'd still fit.....) The balloons they give to children when leaving Grotto's were a nice incentive for Micah (they only give them to kids who eat well....another fabulous moment of emotional blackmail.)
After dinner, we went to the boardwalk for frozen custard. Thanks to parking karma and a residential parking permit, we got a spot one block from Kohr's.
After we were back from the boardwalk, Micah and I went to the grocery store, with every other vacationer trying to get a jump on laying in supplies for their week at the beach. I think we've got most of the basics covered - at least we won't starve for the next couple of days.
Steve just called, the rear guard is arriving in the next few seconds. Yeah! Family week at the beach starts now. Boy passed out on the sofa, he was holding out to see his Daddy, Thea and Oma, but sleep finally won.
The humidity here is making wonder how the BAHA will do. I remember the hearing aid dehumidifier, for a change.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Boys at the Beach
Posted by LMG at Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment