I'm completely into Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Played with Fire. I want to go back to Stockholm. In the summer, not into those long, dark days.
Waiting in the wings is Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide - one of their previous books, China Wakes: The Struggle for the Soul of a Rising Power, was one of the best books I've read in the past few years.
Meanwhile I am off tomorrow, and so ready for it, even if it means another trip to Englewood for Micah to see Dr. Choe. No charts, no notes, no one coughing in my face.
To add to the aggravations of the past couple of weeks, getting into our school routines and whatnot, the van service that drives Micah to school appears to have lost his nap blanket. That his Oma bought for him, with the trains on it, and that conveniently has a pillow attached and a nice Velcro strap to roll it all up and hold it. I am NOT amused.
The chain of custody, on Friday, has the school saying that it gave the nap blanket to the van aide, the van driver and aide saying that they gave it to Tesh, and Tesh and Micah arriving with Micah's clothes changed due to an accident (usually due to not putting a pull-up on for nap time) but no blanket. It's not in Tesh's car, it's not in my car or in the office (being sort of hard to miss due to size and colorful fabric). So my finger points to the driver. Especially when she responded to Tesh asking about it today by, pointing to the house and saying, "...it's probably in there somewhere." Not bleeping likely since Micah does not go into the house, he and his belongings go straight into Tesh's car for the ride to the office.
And being furious doesn't solve the problem. I need to find a blanket to send - not one of his good nap quilts from Eleanor, because obviously someone between school and the van cannot be entrusted with something that I don't want to see lost.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Books, Books, Books and Aggravation
Posted by LMG at Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment