Visiting one of the blogs I follow, http://thelawrencetriplets.blogspot.com/2009/06/busy-days.html, I remembered that I finally have a use for Miley Cyrus. The song playing in the background was used as the background music for the slide show at graduation. I feel fortunate that Thea has not been bitten by the Hannah Montana bug, she's even more oblivious to the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana phenomena than she is to Disney Princesses. The lyrics were printed on the back of the program. There's a short video on the blog, and Micah is in the back row, and Cormac's mom managed to capture a few seconds where Micah actually seemed to be trying to follow along.
Meanwhile, my right knee is giving me major grief, starting last week and escalating to the point where I actually was willing to go back to see the orthopedist. So off I went yesterday, after a three-year hiatus (love those Hyalgan injections). The xray was ugly, my right knee's arthritis has progressed since the last xray and is now bone-on-bone, and there may be a Baker's cyst. So unlike last time when I went in for my left knee and the doctor drew off about 30cc of fluid and put in marcaine and cortisoid, gave me a neoprene knee sleeve and off I went to pick up Thea at daycare to drive down to Maryland, there was no joy. The PA said that he didn't think there was much in the way of fluid to draw off (it was all shunted behind the knee to the Baker's cyst), so he just put in the marcaine and cortisone. I probably should have let him try, but he described it as being torture if there was no fluid to draw off, so I completely wimped out.
And after the needle, it hurt worse because instead of putting in where the pain was the greatest (I'd probably have killed him) he went laterally and went deep behind the knee cap. I was hobbling and miserable for most of the evening.
Today at work, for at least part of the day, I was trying to walk a little less stiff-legged, but the knee was still really hurting at the end of the day. I've actually worn a skirt or dress for the past two days to be able to put Voltaren gel on it, so hell is going to freeze over.
Plan B is that I'm going to try the Hyalgan again, once Aetna approves the medication and it is sent to the orthopedists office. Which the PA says should be a week. Which I remember as taking almost a month in 2006, and I doubt that the prescription plan would cover SynviscONE, the single injection, so I'll get multiple trips to the ortho, multiple co-pays and multiple chance to screw up the schedule at work.
We'll see who is right, and if it helps, otherwise I am one step closer to getting a new knee. Which would suck. Given my mother's experience with knee replacement and the pulmonary embolism she had a few weeks after coming home, I am much too young to be following in her footsteps.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Addedum: Summit School Graduation, Etc.
Posted by LMG at Friday, June 26, 2009
Labels: Summit School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment