I am a slug, I left my blogging back in 2013 and just never had any thoughts that I could get composed into a post.
Thea's Girl Scout troop finished the Bronze Award, went camping, made patches for a quilt.
Micah got 2nd place for car design at the Pack's Pinewood Derby, he went camping for the first time at Family Camp at Ockanickon Scout Reservation.
And here we are half way through 2014, and I still don't feel like I have much to say. Summer is in full swing, check the calendar to see which camp for each week. Squeeze in some private violin lessons for Thea with her former music teacher, Mr. Pugh. Get to Wilmington to see the Costumes of Downton Abbey exhibit at Winterthur with Janet. Take a week off to be at home and get about half of the things I wanted to do done, but have a good week overall Find that Micah has two rows of center lower teeth, call the dentist for an appointment and witness his first baby teeth being strong-armed out of his mouth. Build rockets with the Cub Scouts, shoot off the rockets and be surprised that most of them fly - but find that the one that exploded was the most spectacular. Live through the switch from FIOS to Xfinity and find that I have reached my technology threshold as far as learning remote controls - so far I have learned about four channels, and don't much care if I learn more. Thank goodness for HBO GO, Netflix and Amazon Instant Video with them on my iPad and iPhone, Xfinity can kiss my cellulite pink tush.
So the time goes: fast, slow and every speed in between and here we are six weeks from the start of school. Soccer, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts.
There once was a day, for the first few years of Thea's life, when I wrote a letter to her on the 13th of every month to help me remember what was going on in our lives. Time to make a New Year's Resolution for 2015 that I will write more, blog more, but I might find myself this time next year typing a very similar post.
Saturday, July 19, 2014
First Post of 2014
Posted by LMG at Saturday, July 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment