Too busy or so I think. It's just been more of the usual stuff on weekends, birthday parties for the kids' friends, ice skating lessons, the end of soccer, a few weeks were I worked all five days instead of having Mondays and Fridays off, and so on and on with the mundane details of everyday life.
Micah had both of his parent-teacher conferences and is a normal four-year old in terms of his speech and hearing, so this has us feeling confident enough to allow him to try the Mandarin-immersion charter school's kindergarten in the Fall. He's still wearing one BAHA on school days, but on weekends at home, the BAHA is off more than it's on and it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. The post about his latest evaluation by the audiologist and Dr. Choe beat this one onto the blog
Thea's soccer and Girl Scouts have finished up for now; Brownies will start back up in January 2011. Her only extra-curricular right now is the Mandarin language school on Sunday afternoons.
Our Christmas tree is up, we picked it up at a local farm. The guy helping us was good at picking a nice full tree (I told him I have a lot of ornaments and we used to be able to have a 10+ foot tree at the old house.) Decorating took until about 2 am after we got it in the stand, and it's a nice hodgepodge of about 80% of the ornaments that I've collected or been given. We (read: I) decorate on the inside, I'm not into outdoor lights. Why make PSE&G's holiday merry and bright? Our neighborhood is a mix of Griswolds and Grinches, so there is no shame in not putting lights up.
Meanwhile the kids are looking forward to Winter Break and going to Maryland to see Oma. I'm looking forward to a few days where I don't need to pack lunch boxes and make dinner - or look at a garage full of boxes.
Friday, December 17, 2010
TBTB (Too busy to blog)
Posted by LMG at Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment