Saturday, July 10, 2010

Moved or Bye-Bye Brookline Court

Three days of pack/load/unload are over and done with, the only casualty (other than sleep and sanity) is the living room carpet which has a two-inch tear from the TV armoire being lid instead of lifted into place.  The kids' rooms are mostly unpacked, a lamp yet to be discovered for Thea's room, our room is lined with boxes still.  The down comforter is missing-in-action and we may need to start scouting the boxes in the garage.  The fourth bedroom/office/computer room is a disaster, and probably will be for a while.

Micah had a fabulous time with the mover, despite their not being the Imagination Mover, and they were all very kind to him.

The new owner of our old house, once known as Demon Spawn Home Buyer from Hell, mellowed a little around the closing date, then resumed her evil persona already in progress.  I hope a meteor strikes her home the day after she's finished her renovations and remodeling.  She is about the only person on the planet at the moment that I really would want to see reduced to a smoldering heap of carbon.

Meanwhile, with the unloading of the moving van going on, Micah and I had an appointment with the new school district to see about getting him enrolled in the preschool program.  Everything went very well.  Micah got to play with a big bin of cars and trucks, which was nice since most of his have been in boxes for awhile.  The WW-P school district is not a friend of the working parent:  the integrated preschool program is a half-day afternoons only program for four-year olds.  So Micah would need to go to a preschool program locally, be picked up, taken to Wicoff Elementary School and then returned to the preschool program for after-care.  Which to me sounds like he'll be spending as much time on the bus as he did traveling to and from Summit School.

And once all the in our face unpacking is done, there is the not so small matter of emptying out the storage unit.

I'm just happy that I found toothpaste (I used Thea's Tom's of Maine strawberry the other night and BLECH, BLECH, BLECH; if that were the only toothpaste on the planet, decay here I come) and my nightgown.  I am going to bed.

0 comments: