Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whine w/o Cheese

Friday I saw 24 patients in approximately seven hours:

two pre-operative clearances (one for cataract surgery, one for arthroscopic surgery on the right knee);
one international adoption physical;
five fasting check-ups;
one hospital follow-up (for COPD exacerbation);
more sore throats, sinusitis symptoms and bronchitis than I care to count;
a few gastroenteritis/Norovirus-type illnesses;
one thrombosed internal hemorrhoid(s);
one ear lavage;
one suture removal (antitragus/concha of a left ear, conked by 12 year old daughter while playing basketball);
one superficial laceration to the dorsum of the right hand who walked in without ant appointment  and whose wound was cleansed and steri-stripped on the fly;

and no partridge, no pear tree and ten minutes to inhale lunch while talking to a pharmaceutical rep who I actually like because he doesn't do the robo-detailing schtick.

At 5:04 pm I flew out of the office, having done as many of the tasks in my electronic in-box as I could, 26 minutes before the start of our parent-teacher conference at Thea's school which doesn't cut it for travel between Columbus and Princeton while obeying local speed limits;

and I'm working tomorrow and on-call all weekend;

and it's a full moon.

The upside of all this is that for working tomorrow, I don't work and don't have to be on-call on February 13, the day of Thea's school's Lunar New Year fund-raising event.

Meanwhile will someone please call the producers of 'Clean House' and have them swoop in, clean, redesign and organize my world?   Because that's the only way it's going to happen, at least for the time being.  Why does 'Clean House' only perform those miracles in the greater Los Angeles area unless they're going after the messiest home in America?

0 comments: