Thursday, December 31, 2009

A week withouth blogging. . . .

. . .is the way I'm closing out the year.  It's been a good week, but I am glad Christmas is over (though Micah has yet to figure that one out as he closed his phone call with me today by saying, "Merry Christmas! I love you! Buh-bye.")

Today was a half-day at work, so just acute visits which make for fast and easy notes.  The staff took all the holiday decorations down (yeah!), and people brought in a potluck of hors d'oevres, baked goods and whatnot that makes for cellulite on the hips and breath of death for those around you (but the cheeses and dips were delicious).

Steve had the children with him all day, so they are dressed like refugees from the rag-bag: Micah has orange sweatpants and a yellow Wiggles shirt with his blue, white striped puppy shirt over it, Thea has on lavender leggings with pink and white polka dots, a yellow Life Is Good shirt that she usually sleeps in under a white University of Maryland sweatshirt.  I regret the days I rush out without putting out clothes for them.  Fortunately they were not seen in public with me, Micah went to the grocery store with Steve.  I'm sure that more than a few mothers looked at that poor child and thought, "Weekend with non-custodial parent, poor thing."

Tonight we've invited a roast chicken in for dinner.  He's currently warming up in the oven so he can be the guest of honor.  Thea has probably already mentally claimed the drumsticks and wings, and she's likely to wolf at least one drumstick and both wings down.

Happy, safe, healthy and peaceful 2010 to all.

0 comments: