Monday, May 12, 2008

Homonyms for Mothers' Day

For Mothers' Day, I got a large mylar balloon from Micah, who quickly repossessed it. Thea gave me a beautiful little peach-colored rose plant (a flower) and a one-pound bag of ShopRite bleached white flour. Someone's having a thing about homonyms these days and laughed herself silly.

While upstairs making the bed and putting laundry away I heard the sound of scissors, tape and wrapping paper being folded, and I was actually hopeful for about ten minutes. I like the homemade or school-made art projects better. . . . . . . .the plant doesn't have a chance with me taking care of it and the oven is out of commission so the chances of the flour being used are almost nil, and I'll spend the next two or three months praying that the damn balloon deflates and can be tossed out. (Thea did draw me a picture of our house and family in metallic blue ink. She rendered her brother as something that looked more insect than human, but he's been getting on her nerves lately.)

0 comments: