Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Plague descends upon our house . . .

We're all sick or getting sick: Micah's had a miserable cough for more than a week, keeping him (and us) awake at night and just making life hard, especially since he's not eating much. (He is still drinking his bottles of formula and sippy cups of water.) His cough is so harsh, I half expect to hear the wet splat of a lung hitting the wall. He and I finally went to see the doctor yesterday, and he's now on azithromycin - and we'll see how things go over the next few days. Micah is so much better than Thea at taking medicine. Thea started with a cough and runny nose Friday, I've had something lurking in my sinuses on and off for a couple weeks, we just need to get better before Christmas.

I got most of our holiday cards out this week, with a few stragglers here and there. Next year, back to shutterfly.com or kodakgallery.com. Now if I could just get motivated to do the Christmas shopping.

The Bureau of Vital Statistics re-issued Micah's New Jersey birth certificate, so the Bite-Me comment can be rescinded. Despite the screw up with the file number, it still took less time than Thea's birth certificate.

By stock in Kimberly-Clark, the only holiday decor in our house is fluffy drifts of tissues all overthe place.

0 comments: