We made it to the two week mark, and no Social Security card arrived for Micah. Quelle suprise.
Today Micah and I had a full schedule: we dropped Thea off at school, ran down to Hamilton to the Delcrest Medical Supplies to get a new battery for my oto-ophthamoscope, went to D-n-D for a life-sustaining cup of coffee and then went back to Thea's school at 10:30 for a presentation to the first- and second-graders on health, then running up Route 1 to Gymboree for Micah's first Baby Signs class (he thoroughly enjoyed being there, but so far the signing is more for me than him), and once done there, on to Kennections to get my grey banished. Once I was back to being a brunette, my choice was pick up Thea at school or run down to Social Security to see if there was a problem with Micah's application. Bureaucracy won.
No problem. I got the number, printed on a paper sheet, so I'm semi-happy.
But I was told to give it until October 12th before checking again if the actual card doesn't arrive, and it will take another trip down there since none of this is done via phone or email. And if it's going to take a month, then tell me at the start - the letter given on the day we first applied said two weeks. Thea's card, although needing fixing, arrived in six days or so. Is it any wonder why I have to take medication for my blood pressure?
By October 12th, if the Social Security card hasn't arrived, I am going to be way too busy with preparations for Thea's 4th birthday celebration: cupcakes to be baked and decorated, party bags to be made up, presents to be wrapped. And that day her school is going on a field trip to Von Thun Farm, so even though she's usually home with me that day, we're going on the excursion.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Social (In)Security, Part II
Posted by LMG at Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment